Skip to content

Fire unleashes “pack rat” conditions

July 20, 2009

Glendale fire officials are still investigating a blaze Friday inside a converted garage, where they discovered “pack rat” conditions.

The fire started about 9:51 a.m. on the 700 block of South Adams Street inside a converted garage, according to Glendale Fire Department officials.

Firefighters tried to put out the flames, but were hampered by large amounts of material items that blocked access to the fire. They eventually put out the fire at 10:46 a.m.

No one was injured in the fire.

Fire crews spent more than five hours overhauling the garage, which was estimated to cost $50,000 in damages. The loss of contents was about $10,000.

The garage was red-tagged, fire officials said.

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: