Vehicle burglaries continue
Our photographer went today to take photos of Glendale Police officers getting geared up and briefed for their noon shifts.
At the briefing, police said eight vehicle burglaries occurred overnight in the city.
Glendale detectives have been investigating the trend of vehicle burglaries, which have been steady throughout the year. And they are trying to determine a pattern among the burglaries, but haven’t had any luck.
The police department provided the following tips for residents to safeguard their vehicles from thieves.
- Lock your vehicle.
- Remove all valuables from your vehicle — anything in sight is a temptation, even if the vehicle is locked.
- If you live in a building with multiple units, be sure your common parking area is properly secured, and advise your neighbors to be vigilant.
- Make sure gates are closed, and report any poor lighting conditions to management.
- Be a good witness if you see suspicious activity.
- Do not attempt to apprehend or detain anyone, instead call the police immediately.